tisdag 13 februari 2018

Ranking of all 4 Nifelheim full length studio albums...

... like the title reads I recently ranked all 4 Nifelheim albums over @herr_black_metal on Instagram. Thought I'd share it here and also as a bonus the "Satanatas" EP and the split CD with Vulcano "Thunder Metal" which feature Jon Nödtveidt's final recording ever in June 2006. On with the evil blasphemies and let's find out which is the best Nifelheim album! Or at least my favorites.















1. Nifelheim (1995)
The first album of theirs I got on CD back in the day and it’s perfect. This beast is one of the best Black Metal albums ever from my country. This 1st print Necropolis Records vinyl is one of my favorite gems in my collection.















2. Devil's Force (1998)
Almost a tie for number 1 but I have more nostalgia for their debut. To follow up such an amazing album isn’t easy. But they did it just as great once again. Get both!















3. Servants of Darkness (2000)
This album doesn’t have a bad moment, all songs are brilliant and the production is perfect. I know some people say this is their favorite Nifelheim album and I hear why.















4. Envoy of Lucifer (2007)
First time I heard this it didn’t blow me away like their previous albums had. But with time I appreciated it more and more. Now it stands proud next to their other albums a must have.


The “Satanatas”(2014) EP is their latest release this 12” technically have 8 songs the B-side is exactly the same as the A-side but played backwards. If you enjoy Nifelheim it’s amazing.












The Vulcano split “Thunder Metal”(2006). I got the CD version because it’s the only release with Jon Nödtveidt’s last recording ever in June of 2006. He appears on Nifelheim’s cover of “Insulter of Jesus Christ” originally by the brilliant Swedish band Damnation. A band the Nifelheim drummer at the time Peter Stjärnvind (aka. Insulter of Jesus Christ) started in 1989 with Richard Daemon.











I really hope anyone that isn't into Nifelheim already will be inspired to track down these excellent releases,

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar