lördag 27 oktober 2018

MARDUK - INFERNAL ETERNAL (2000)

First print double picture disc vinyl limited to 500 copies that comes with a gatefold cover sleeve released on Blooddawn Productions/Regain Records.

When Infernal Eternal was released in the year 2000 got to admit that I was a bit hesitant about it. Sure I bought the 2-CD immediately at the release. Just felt that Marduk could’ve waited somewhat longer then the 3 years between this one and the Live In Germania (1997) record.

Nowadays I’m glad that Marduk released this album. Have always preferred the Live In Germania record however since getting this Infernal Eternal LP release a few month ago whenever I listen to it now I think that it’s better. But vice versa whenever I listen to Live In Germania...

Have much more nostalgia with that record of drinking beer with my friends in the summer of 1997 and being 17 years old and the only care in the world was music and drinking alcohol with my friends. While in the year 2000 being 20 years old and having a lot more "responsibility" with work.

My favorite Marduk live album is Warschau (2005) when Mortuus had joined and Devo returned.

At the time of the Infernal Eternal release I had also been somewhat disappointed with a few Marduk releases. Absolutely NOT bad because I don't Marduk can or ever will be that. The album Nightwing (1998) and both the EP’s Glorification (1996) and Obedience (2000) was far from as excellent then take instance Opus Nocturne (1994) or Heaven Shall Burn... When We Are Gathered (1996) and all others before them.

Really like the songs they chose for Infernal Eternal altogether 18 songs that was recorded in France during the The World Panzer Battle Tour. Five from the Panzer Division Marduk (1999) but also classic songs like The Sun Turns Black As Night; Those Of The Unlight; Burn My Coffin; Still Fucking DeadDeparture From The Mortals; On Darkened Wings etc.

It sounds great and all musicians and Legion's vocals are top notch. My only complaint is that it would've been great with some more songs from Opus Nocturne then just two (Materialized In Stone and Sulphur Souls). Also only one from the Heaven Shall Burn... album (Legion) but there's five of those on the Live In Germania record. I'm just glad that they chose that many songs from both of the Dark Endless (1992) and Those Of The Unlight (1993) albums.

One could fuss about some of the song choices like the cover of the Celtic Frost classic Into The Crypts Of Rays their live cover is alright but I rather hear another Marduk song. Sure that it's not often that Dreams Of Blood And Iron from Nightwing is performed live and it's a good song. But there's so many others I would've preferred over that one. Like the title track Nightwing of that same album.

Or some other personal favorites could've been included like:
The Sun Has Failed
Darkness Breeds Immortality
A Sculpture Of The Night
From Subterranean Throne Profound
The Black Tormentor Of Satan
Glorification Of The Black God etc. but that's just minor details.

If I was to look at this record not as the diehard Marduk fan that I truly am I still think that Infernal Eternal is an excellent live album. It should appeal to anyone who's into them, even casual fans but especially if you're into the "Legion era" of the band.

But also if you're just looking for a great live Black Metal album you can't go wrong with this one. All in all a great buy and of course even better on vinyl.

And my end signature is as always Praise Hail Marduk!!

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar