söndag 24 november 2019

DJEVEL - ORMER TIL ARMER, MANE TIL HODE (2019)

On a standard black vinyl that was released at the end of October by the Norwegian label Aftermath Music. Where Djevel have released all their albums and EP's since 2011. 

Included one of my new favorite zip-hoodies called Norge I have in my entire collection. That is filled way too much with merch already (don't even know have many zip-hoods I own). Ordered it at the same time as Ormer Til Armer, Maane Til Hode from the Aftermath's webshop.

Although this one really stands out in my collection. It's a white one and it's fabric is much more thin then I'm used to with other regular hoodies. Think the logo/emblem part on the side of the hood is so fucking amazing. It should have been on both sides but ain't gonna be picky.

Also nice with some Fruit Of The Loom merch considering all the Gildan shirts and hoodies that I own. But enough now about fabrics and clothes.

The new Djevel album did not disappoint and definitely a personal favorite of mine during an already amazing year for/from the Black Metal scene. 

Ormer Til Armer, Maane Til Hode sounds as I expected it to sound and that’s not a bad thing.

Here I could name drop a bunch of bands from the early to mid 90’s Norwegian scene. That could’ve sounded similar, had they continued playing as their earlier albums not evolving into Black 'n' Roll or some other crap.

Not saying chance is a bad thing but many of my favorites from that era I don't even care to even playthrough on Spotify even. Choose not too name drop those bands, you should know which ones that I'm referring to. 

Djevel doesn’t need that! Mannevold (bass & vocals), Trond Ciekals (guitar & clean vocals) and the legendary Bård "Faust" Eithun (drums) can stand proudly behind their creations.

Also just describing them as 90’s Black Metal might be a bit too easy just to call their music. 

Experience Djevel for yourself and form your own opinion is my best advise to anyone curious about them.

Is Ormer Til Armer, Maane Til Hode as good (or better) than my 2 favorite albums they released so far Norske Ritualer (2016) and Blandt Svarte Graner (2018)

It might be a bit too early to say that but I also don't foresee it being the case. Those 2 are some of my favorite albums of this dying decade.

Should also mention the bands amazing track record so far. The debut Dødssanger (2011); Besatt Av Maane Og Natt (2015) and also what I hold as their 3rd best album ever since I got into them Saa Raa Og Kald (2015).

I do believe that Ormer Til Armer, Maane Til Hode can compete just fine already with Saa Raa Og Kald just after such a short while. It might become my new 3rd favorite Djevel album. Who knows or cares besides me?


It’s definitely better than the EP that they released very late in December of 2018 called Vettehymner.

Where they do 5 acoustic renditions of their own songs mainly from the albums Besatt Av Maane Og Natt  and Saa Raa Og Kald plus a new unreleased song Naar Solen Er Vekk Er Det Dags At Vaakne. Still an amazing release I enjoy very much but that one might not be for everyone.

Anyway Ormer Til Armer, Mane Til Hode belongs in everyone’s collection for people that’s into this excellent scene, music and want some excellent Norsk Svartmetall from 2019.

Also support your favorite bands, buy their music, go to the live shows and only get the official merchandise. Because this kind of art deserves it.


Hails to Djevel and Norway!

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar