söndag 4 november 2018

MY 3 FAVORITE UNLEASHED ALBUMS...

...will probably forever always be Where No Life Dwells (1991); Shadows In The Deep (1992) and Across The Open Sea (1993). All are the original Century Media CD releases.

Would rank the albums in that order of release also. Though that wasn’t always the case. The first album by Unleashed I bought was Shadows In The Deep and it was for most of the 90’s my favorite record of theirs.

But that has changed throughout the years. It’s actually the same case as with many other bands of the early amazing Swedish Death Metal scene. Have discovered that the debut is my favorite album by lots of those bands. You can definitely hear the young musicians being so passionate with their music in this “new” Metal genre.

The debut from 1991 Where No Life Dwells is amazing throughout. So that makes it hard to pick out any favorite songs.  A classic timeless one and must have Death Metal album. Should really get this one on LP even if I'm in no hurry.

Remember I made my mom drive me to a shopping center outside town in the early 90’s (probably at least 1 hour back & forth). Just so that I could buy my first Unleashed CD Shadows In The Deep.

I played that CD to death at the time. Many amazing songs like The Final Silence; The Immortals; Shadows in the Deep; Onward Into Countless Battles etc. I also really enjoyed the cover of what became and is my favorite Venom song Countess Bathory at the time. Even if the original is so much better. I think that Shadows In The Deep is a bit more uneven then the debut nowadays. Songs like A Life Beyond; Crush The Skull and Land Of Ice isn't on par with the others but all in all an amazing album.

Across The Open Sea was a bit of a letdown I thought at first. That soon changed and it was for a long time my second favorite Unleashed album. It hasn’t aged as well as the two others I think but it’s a very nostalgic record for me and I really enjoy it.

I think the sound and production isn't as good as on the two previous albums. Also some songs like I Am God; Captured and even the one they made a video for The One Insane I've never really enjoyed. There's some amazing ones though like To Asgaard We Fly; Open Wide; Execute Them All; Forever Goodbye (2045) etc. The butchering of the Judas Priest classic song Breaking The Law isn't one of them...

Was a huge fan of Unleashed in 90’s before I got lost all in Black Metal they were my 3rd favorite Swedish Death band behind Dismember and Entombed. They also made me interested in Nordic mythology, vikings and got me to wear a Thor's Hammer pendant.

Blind bought Victory (1995) at release and still to this day I cannot stand that album. I still own it and enjoy maybe 1 or 2 songs. Ever since that record all the Unleashed albums has been hit like Midvinterblot (2006) and Odalheim (2012) or miss like Warrior (1997) and As Yggdrasil Trembles (2010).

These 3 records in this post will always be the most special Unleashed albums for me.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar