lördag 24 juni 2017

To celebrate my 250th Instagram post

@herr_black_metal I did this collage for the 25 most important bands/albums in
"My Metal History 1988 - 1994" a timeline beginning with Iron Maiden. Before discovering Black Metal in 1994 with Dissection and Emperor, then it was in motion a new era of my life began. I didn't know it at the time, but with time it sure had a HUGE impact on my life. I probably forgotten some bands/albums...



Iron Maiden - Seventh Son of a Seventh Son (1988)

The first ever Metal record I got was this album by Iron Maiden. My mother let me choose one cassette tape at a record store when I was 8 years old in 1988. Me and a friend used to listen to his 2 older brothers Heavy Metal records at his place. I didn't remember what the best songs was called in the record store so I picked the one I thought looked most badass, guts and everything coming out of Iron Maiden's mascot Eddie. It wasn't a bad choice but "Powerslave" (1984), "Piece of Mind" (1983), "The Number of the Beast" (1982) etc.is better records. Don't get me wrong I love this album from beginning to end. 3 favorite songs on it this album: Moonchild, Seventh Son of a Seventh Son and The Clairvoyant.    






Guns N' Roses - Appetite for Destruction

Picture and text coming 

3 favorite songs on it this album: It's So Easy, Nightrain. Mr. Brownstone




Mötley Crüe - Dr. Feelgood
W.A.S.P. - s/t
Ozzy Osbourne - Blizzard of Ozz
Judas Priest - Painkiller
Metallica - Ride The Lightning
Megadeth - Rust in piece
Danzig - s/t
Black Sabbath - Master of Reality
King Diamond - Abigail
Mercyful Fate - Don't Break The Oath
Slayer - Reign In Blood
Slayer - Hell Awaits
Sepultura - Beneath the Remains
Entombed - Left Hand Path
Morbid Angel - Altars of Madness
Dismember - Like an Everflowing Stream
Deicide - s/t
Morbid Angel - Covenant
Carcass - Heartwork
At The Gates - Terminal Spirit
Merciless - Unbound
Amorphis - Tales From the Thousand
Dissection - The Somberlain

Some bands that didn't make it but I want to mention:
Kiss, Dio, Twisted Sister, Skid Row, Motörhead, Testament, Pantera, Death, Cannibal Corpse, Obituary, Unleashed, Tiamat, Hypocrisy, Kreator etc etc etc... etc

I will edit and post pictures of each and every release when I got the time.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar