tisdag 15 januari 2019

DISMEMBER REUNITE FOR ONE GIG

Yesterday on the 14th of January it was announced that they would play one gig in Stockholm at the Scandinavian Deathfest that takes place in the 11th & 12th of October.

Fucking hell!! I'm still hyped some 30+ hours later! Haven't been this excited over something music related since Hekatomb by Funeral Mist was announced last year.

With the classic line-up also:

Matti Kärki on vocals
Fred Estby on drums
David Blomqvist on guitar
Robert Sennebäck on guitar
Richard Cabeza on bass

That’s what I always considered to be “the true Dismember”. Absolutely nothing against those other guys but... I mean just look at these classic releases that this line-up made together:

Like An Everflowing Stream LP 1991
Skin Her Alive 7” 1991
Pieces LP 1992
Indecent And Obscene LP 1993
Casket Garden MCD 1995
Massive Killing Capacity LP 1995
Misanthropic MCD 1997
Death Metal LP 1997

All first print vinyls on Nuclear Blast (missing the insert to one as you probably can see...) and the two MCD’s that are only available on standalone CD.

The songs from the MCD's are available on some reissue LP’s but with Dismember (I’m trying not to sound like some elitist collector asshole) being my favorite Death Metal band ever. I only want the original releases.

Have already told this story thousands of times how I got the Like An Everflowing Stream vinyl from my older sister in the mid 90’s. And me staring at those blood drenched members of Dismember in 1991 when I was 11 years old being completely mesmerized.

I know there were rumors last year about a reunion concert for their 30th anniversary. Just recently mentioned to a friend how bummed I was that it never happened Then this was announced yesterday and me being sick as a dog with a real man cold couldn’t be happier.

Some other great bands on the Deathfest also especially Unanimated. But Dismember could have played with Carola & Christer Sjögren and I still would attended.

Even if Like An Everflowing Stream will always be my favorite Dismember release I really hope they play a bunch of stuff from both Pieces and Indecent And Obscene. Being the original line-up I can't imagine them playing stuff from, although amazing, Dismember (2008) when Fred had left the band.

It's called "for one European exclusive" gig. My interpretation of that is they will do at least one more gig probably on some North American festival. All this just me speculating.

As far as Dismember returning to the scene permanently and do a full comeback I feel isn't going to happen. Last interview I read with Fred Estby he was living with his new girlfriend/wife (cannot remember) in or close to New York City and Richard Cabeza has resided in Texas for a long time.

Sure logistically it's easier nowadays thanks to the internet to interact with each other. Unanimated wrote a bunch of songs that way. So who know I really wish for it but realistically... We'll just have to wait and see. 

Cannot wait for October 2019 now! Already making up dream setlists in my head. Hope they open their set with either Dismembered or Override Of The Overture. Or maybe Soon To Be Dead or I Wish You Hell or Fleshless or Skinfather or Misanthropic or something very unusual for an opening Reborn In Blasphemy. Also what song will they end with?

I will speculate for days just on this subject...

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar