söndag 25 februari 2018

Kreator - Pleasure To Kill (1986)




















”Pleasure To Kill” (1986) by Kreator the first press vinyl on the classic Noise Records. A royal gift from Adde of Tyrant Wrath thanks again man! I known him for almost 25 years he’s a great and generous friend definitely check out his amazing band! I’ve been in a German Thrash Metal phase lately listening to Destruction, Sodom and my favorite Kreator.



First song by them I ever heard was People Of The Lie from “Coma of Souls”(1990) my sister recorded Headbanger’s Ball on VHS when I was 11 years old. It’s still my favorite Kreator song but Under The Guillotine; Riot Of Violence & Pleasure To Kill from this one are almost as amazing. “Pleasure To Kill” is probably my 2nd favorite Kreator album ever. I love that it says “Manufactured in West Germany” on the vinyl it makes me think back to the 80’s with the Cold War, Chernobyl, MTV, 8-bit NES and the assassination of Swedish prime minister Olof Palme.

The band started in 1982 and was first called Metal Militia then Tyrant but soon changed it to Tormentor. Members Mille Petrozza (guitar/vocals), Ventor (drums/vocals) & Rob (bass) changed the name to Kreator in 1984. “Pleasure To Kill” was their 2nd album and it was the last record when vocals was shared by Mille (5) and Ventor (3). I liked that Mille took over all vocals duties because he has one of the best vocals in the scene. Before this one they had released their debut “Endless Pain”(1985) and the EP “Flag Of Hate”(1986).

It’s cool to see other Noise releases on the insert like Celtic Frost, 2 first Running Wild when they were great, Warrant (Germany not the Cherry Pie dorks), Helloween when they were ok etc. The first 5 Kreator albums are classic essentials that everyone should own!

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar