söndag 18 februari 2018

Some of my Einar Selvik collection Wardruna, Skuggsja, Jotunspor, Bak De Syv Fjell and Gorgoroth

It’s not the biggest collection of Wardruna and his other bands. I don’t own every existing print of each vinyl there is or all merch I’m not that kind of collector (only for Funeral Mist). Sure I buy the albums on CD.

Of all musicians alive in the scene Einar Selvik aka. Kvitrafn is one that I got the most respect for besides Fenriz and Arioch/Mortuus.

First time I heard the Wardruna debut Gap Var Ginnunga (2009) in the winter of 2009 it was a magical experience. That album is still my favorite creation by Herr Selvik and it was like being transported back to the glory days of the 90’s.
The first album in the Runaljod Trilogy is pure Norse magic for the ages and the best album from Norway I can think off the top of my head in 20+ years since La Masquerade Infernale or Filosofem.

I feel like Gap Var Ginnunga was a continuation of some of the best Norwegian albums of all time. It doesn’t sound ANYTHING like Høstmørke; Nordavind; Fjelltronen; Hvis Lyset Tar Oss etc. but in spirit it’s the same as those albums. With passion and the right spirit for ones creation the music gets beyond 10 of 10 even if I don’t like to “number review” art.

With Wardruna he have released 2 more almost equally brilliant albums, 1 excellent in the Skuggsjá project, he played drums in Gorgoroth, Bak De Syv Fjell and in Jotunspor he also played keyboard, guitar and sang just to name some of his other work.

The pendant of Jörmungandr the Midgard serpent was designed by Einar Selvik and the book consists of all the lyrics to the albums in the “Runaljod trilogy” both in Norwegian and English. Got both at www.wardruna.com the pendant something like 1.5 years ago and the book 1 year ago don’t know if they still are available

I’ve seen Wardruna live a couple of times but never when Gaahl was still a member something I really regret today. If you want to see an amazing Wardruna performance with Gaahl check out the song Kauna live at Incubate 2009 further down this post.

Still without Gaahl the band is one of the best bands I ever seen live. Last year I went to Bergen to witness the world premiere of Ivar Bjørnson & Einar Selvik new Hugsjá live at Grieghallen. See 2 video clips from my YouTube channel that I filmed at the concert see further down in this post .

They will release the Hugsjá album on April 20th I pre-ordered the silver vinyl. The title track is available now on iTunes, Spotify etc. Get your copy over at http://aisamerch.de/bynorse/en/ and be prepared to be amazed.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar