söndag 1 april 2018

SEPULTURA - ARISE (1991)

First print vinyl of the brilliant "Arise" record by Sepultura on Roadrunner Records. This was the first album by Sepultura that I bought on CD back in day thanks to the promo video for the title track being shown on Headbanger’s Ball still think it’s one of their best songs. They made another video for the also amazing song Dead Embryonic Cells. “Arise” certainly made an impact and since they had signed with Roadrunner for their previous album “Beneath The Remains”(1989) they became a real name in the scene.

After “Arise” Sepultura released “Chaos A.D.” in 1993 at the time I enjoyed it even if it’s very different from their previous albums. With time in my opinion it’s not as good as I thought back then but still got some good songs on it. I would compare “Chaos A.D.” with “Metallica”(1991) and “Countdown To Extinction”(1992) by Megadeth good albums but when I think about Sepultura, Megadeth and Metallica those albums don’t come to mind.

I think about their glorious Thrash Metal albums (you all know which ones). Records I can listen to many times in a year without getting fed up with while “Chaos A.D”; “Countdown To Extinction” and “Metallica” I will only listen to maybe 2 times a year. When Sepultura released “Roots”(1996) and I heard those awful songs with that crap “Korn/Nu Metal sound” on Headbanger’s Ball I just gave up on the band.

Call me stubborn if you will but I haven’t been interested in anything Sepultura or the Cavalera brothers have done ever since (if you have some suggestions for great Sepultura songs after that leave a comment). Anyway even if I prefer “Beneath The Remains”(1989) the “Arise” album is still a top-10 Thrash Metal masterpiece that everyone into this marvelous scene should have a copy of in their collection.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar