söndag 23 september 2018

MARDUK - PANZER DIVISION LIVE (2018) Tank Shaped EP

Limited and handnumbered to 500 copies. Released on Blooddawn Productions and made by the Italian label Night Of The Vinyl Dead Records.

Once again I have all the official Marduk EP’s because I finally got a "good deal" on the Panzer Division Live tank shaped vinyl EP. By owning every EP I mean every release. Not every print version they have ever released of them. You should know I’m crazy but not that crazy!

The EP have 2 songs Panzer Division Marduk & Baptism By Fire recorded live in Hamburg, Germany 1999. Those songs have been available on various Marduk releases already. Like the box set Blackcrowned (2002) on the CD’s and also on the VHS that's included in that box.

They also appear on 2 of the 4 Blackcrowned vinyls from 2002, the standalone Blackcrowned DVD released in 2005 and the official live bootleg album World Panzer Battle 1999 from 2015.

My guess is that people mostly bought this tank shaped EP as a display piece because of its very unique design. I don’t care about devaluing it and put the whole thing together.

Because it’s NOT leaving my Marduk collection! It’s meant to be displayed for me and everyone else viewing pleasure that dares enter my domain. Also got it because I want every Marduk EP they’ve ever release.

As far as I know it was sold exclusively through the Nuclear Blast onlinstore and although I’m subscribed to their newsletter I completely missed this EP when it was released. It had been announced on the official Marduk Facebook page. They should’ve announced it on Instagram and/or their official website. Who the hell uses Facebook? Fuck that shit!

Anyway I'm really glad to finally have it in my collection although it would’ve been great with some more exclusive songs. 2 songs recorded live from the Frontschwein (2015) album would have been really enjoyable. Even if I didn’t buy the EP mainly for its music.

Even if I got the EP for about 150 SEK cheaper then for what it sells for on Discogs (with shipping within Sweden) I wasn’t willing to be patience and wait out another better deal. Who knows maybe the Panzer Division Live EP will be cheaper in the future? But I wasn't willing to take the risk it getting even higher then it already is going for nowadays.

And as always Praise Hail Marduk!!


Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar