fredag 9 mars 2018

Kreator - Coma Of Souls (1990)

“Coma Of Souls” by Kreator the first press vinyl on Noise International. Still remember seeing the classic artwork when I was 10 years old in 1990 on the back of one of my sisters Okej magazines in the mailorder section and thinking it looked more cool then the Iron Maiden albums. 

I have all her old magazines now and if you’re Swedish and old enough to remember those I hope you get for some nostalgia with Slayer, Testament, Kreator, Judas Priest, Megadeth, Iron Maiden and even a Venom VHS etc. Most are cool records but there's also some trash there like Warrant, MC Hammer, George Michael... 

Recently wrote I’m in a German Thrash Metal phase at the time with bands like Sodom, Destruction and my favorite of them Kreator. Although all of the 5 first Kreator albums are excellent this is my absolute favorite record of theirs. People Of The Lie was the first ever song I heard by them and “Coma Of Souls” was the first CD by Kreator I bought back in the day. People Of The Lie wasn’t the only promo video from the album they also made videos to: Coma Of Souls; World Beyond; Terror Zone and Twisted Urges. 5 videos from 1 Thrash album. Amazing!
Metallica was the first Thrash Metal band I started listen to some years after “... And Justice For All”(1988) had been released but before "Metallica"(1991) then Megadeth both thanks to a friend who were really into those bands. Then when Slayer came and changed my view on extreme Metal forever. 

Kreator was the 5th Thrash Metal band I started listen to and just like Sepultura they felt very unique being a German band also the excellent vocals by Mille Petrozza made them different in a good way. “Coma Of Souls” was released 1,5 years after their previous “Extreme Aggression”(1989) album and has one of my favorite cover artwork of all time it looks so fucking Metal with their demon mascot Violent Mind. 


Since this album their career have had both highs and also many lows. But “Coma Of Souls” is definitely in my top-5 Thrash Metal albums of all time maybe even top-3. An absolute must have record in the collection for anyone who enjoy their Metal to be extreme!



Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar