torsdag 15 mars 2018

Two amazing Sorhin releases

Both these Sorhin CD's was released on Near Dark Productions the album “I Det Glimrande Mörkrets Djup” (1997) and the 3-song MCD “Döden MCMXCVIII” (1998). Sorhin are without a doubt the most underrated Swedish Black Metal band ever in my opinion. I would also say that they’re in my top-10 best band in the genre from my country. 

Sorhin haven’t released any new music since the song To Give Death on the 2002 split 7” vinyl with Puissance. But they’re still active according to an an interview with vocalist Nattfursth from June of 2016 in Bardo Methodölogy I recommend highly that you read it and many more very interesting interviews over at that great site.  

http://www.bardomethodology.com/articles/2016/06/08/sorhin-interview/
“I Det Glimrande Mörkrets Djup” was the bands first full length album and was recorded in the Abyss Studio with Peter Tägtgren. The “Döden MCMXCVIII” MCD is hand numbered to 1998 copies mine is number 75. Before these two they had released the EP “Skogsgriftens Rike” (1996), 2 demos ("Svarta Själars Vandring" (1993) & "I Fullmånens Dystra Sken" (1994) and a split cassette with Setherial sometimes reffered to as "Arte de Occulta" (1996). I'm not sure if the 7” vinyl “Åt Fanders Med Ljusets Skapelser” (1997) was released before this album?
I was not surprised when the already classic record label Norma Evangelium Diaboli (Funeral Mist, Deathspell Omega, Watain etc.) reissued the “I Det Glimrande Mörkrets Djup” album with a bonus song. And also their debut EP “Skogsgriftens Rike” with both demos (6 songs) as bonus tracks. If you're into bands like Funeral Mist, Malign, Triumphator or bands of that generation do yourself a huge service and check out Sorhin. They were signed to Shadow Records owned by Marcus Tena (Triumphator) and released the amazing album “Apokalypsens Ängel” (2000) on that label. 
Only minor gripe I have with Sorhin and I’m not alone thinking that some of their Swedish song titles are a bit “strange” to say it kindly but it doesn’t effect their music. If you're unfamiliar with Sorhin start with any of their 2 albums both are excellent!






Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar