söndag 18 mars 2018

Dissection, Marduk, Emperor, Satyricon and Dismember concerts I had on VHS back in the day

I used to trade and/or buy VHS-cassettes back in the day. Think the first ones I got was in 1996 and mainly of Black Metal concerts. Many filmed at Swedish youth recreation centers with great shows by Dissection that I had by far most of but also Emperor first UK gigs, Marduk, Immortal, Satyricon and MANY more shows in clubs around Europe just to name a few. This was also how I first saw amazing stuff from Norwegian TV like Det Svarte Alvor & Satan Rir Media. Both that you definitely need to see if you haven't!

Sometimes also Death Metal bands like my 2 favorite Morbid Angel and Dismember would come my way and even if I was totally into Black Metal at the time those two I would still listen to and watch.

These are some of my favorites I own still got them but not a working VHS-player nowadays sadly. It's very nostalgic for me to watch these now and it's amazing that they're available on YouTube. Couldn't imagined that 20+ years ago.

My absolute favorite is this one with Dissection in Umeå 1996 because it's in better quality and more cameras then most what I'm about to post.


This was my 2nd favorite Dissection in Växjö 1994 sadly this one is not complete which the one I have on VHS is. Mine must also be a better generation of the tape because the sound isn't as good as I remember. It was also the first Dissection concert I bought or traded. Except for these 3 songs they also played Heaven's Damnation; Night's Blood; Sacrifice (Bathory) and The Somberlain,


This was the first one I got with Satyricon and it's amazing!


First one of Marduk I got me and my friends used to watch these while drinking beer and booze in the 90's.


Emperor was my favorite band at the time and this was the first time I saw them perform live with this concert and it was great even if it just was on video.


This was the first Dismember one I got.



Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar