söndag 27 maj 2018

MORBID ANGEL - ABOMINATIONS OF DESOLATION (1991)


The first print vinyl on Earache Records from 1991 and the only official LP of this record. Can’t understand why I didn’t like this brilliant album back in the early days of my fascination for Morbid Angel and Death Metal. Neither the vinyl or CD release tells the very fascinating story behind this album it doesn’t even mention the band members.

This was once supposed to be Morbid Angel’s debut album. Later Trey Azagthoth said it should be considered as a demo. Remember a friend had the CD and I only heard it a couple of times. I didn’t even bothered to borrow it and we weren’t particular impressed by it back then. “Abomination of Desolation” was recorded in 1986 with David Vincent as a producer he wasn’t a member then, the drummer Mike Browning did the vocals.

David Vincent first appearance was on the demo “Thy Kingdom Come” (1987). Earache re-released “Abominations of Desolation” 2 months after “Blessed Are The Sick” (1991) the reason was to prevent bootlegs but since then there been MANY unofficial vinyls. Even if I have this one it deserves to be re-released on a Earache FDR vinyl.

All songs except for Demon Seed was later re-recorded some with different titles 3 on “Altars of Madness”, 3 on “Blessed Are The Sick”, 1 on “Covenant” and even 12 years later 1 on “Formulas Fatal To The Flesh”.

The reason I got interested in buying this record for myself was because of the song Angel of Disease they re-recorded on “Covenant”. It’s my favorite Morbid Angel album and the song was one of my favorites when it was released in 1993 and made me want to hear the original.

Is “Abominations of Desolation” as good as Altars; Blessed; Covenant or Domination? No but if you like Morbid Angel or early Death Metal recordings it’s definitely worth your money and time.


Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar