söndag 27 maj 2018

VENOM x 4

”Welcome To Hell” (1981); “Black Metal” (1982); ”At War With Satan” (1984) and “Possessed” (1985). This extremely important and amazing band that paved the way for the entire Black Metal scene.
Instead of me going through each album I’ve written down my favorite Venom songs. That also serves as a guide to anyone who might be unfamiliar with these British beasts. Even if I seriously doubt anyone not to like Venom. I could list MANY more then 21 songs, but didn’t want to overdo it. 21 is a good start:
- Countess Bathory
- Warhead
- Live Like An Angel (Die Like A Devil)
- Buried Alive
- Die Hard
- Seven Gates of Hell
- Bloodlust
- Manitou
- Witching Hour
- Black Metal
- Welcome To Hell
- In Nominas Satan
- Bursting Out
- Possessed
- In League With Satan
- Hellchild
- At War With Satan
- Heaven’s On Fire
- Don’t Burn The Witch
- Rip Ride
- Angel Dust

The song Possessed was the very first Venom and Black Metal song I ever heard. It’s played in the documentary/TV-show “Dancing With The Devil” (1991) that I saw in the summer of 1992 when I was 12 years old. My older sister had recorded it on VHS from Swedish TV3. Possessed had lyrics that sounded both evil and cool to the young me:

“Look at me Satan's child
Born of evil thus defiled
Brought to life through Satanic birth
Raised in Hell to live on Earth”

Even if it was just a short clip of the song it still left an impact on me. But I wasn’t ready for Venom yet I still was listening to Thrash Metal and dipping my ears in the Death Metal scene. The early Venom are simply brilliant. A band me and my friends would always play every time we drank beer and booze before going to the only “Metal bar” in our hometown in the 90’s.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar