söndag 10 juni 2018

FUNERAL MIST new album HEKATOMB announced for June 15th 2018 released!!!!

Yesterday at 15:00 I got a e-mail from the NoEvDia Bandcamp about a new Funeral Mist album called Hekatomb being released. About 2 min later I had pre-ordered it on LP, CD and 2 new t-shirts. Best of all it's going to be released on 15th of June just 5 days away as of me writing this.

I never saw this album ever coming, I thought Arioch was done with Funeral Mist. No one could be happier then me because it's seldom I use a term like my absolute favorite band of all time. But I've been known to utter these words about Funeral Mist on more then a few occasions.

No other band has such a solid discography I mean just listen to Devilry; Salvation or my favorite of their 3 albums Maranatha.


This was to best announcement I've heard for years in the Black Metal scene. I was extremely glad when Unanimated announced being signed to Century Media for a 3 record deal and that the 4-song EP Annihilation will be released on August 10th. But that pales in comparison with a new Funeral Mist full length album.

When I opened the newsletter I'm subscribed to and saw what I first thought to be some kind of compilation album they were releasing. Especially with the new Marduk album Viktoria being released just 1 week after Hekatomb. Anyway when I clicked on the link in the mail app on my phone there it was an album with 8 new songs. The timing seemed odd at first but while Marduk is promoting their new album Funeral Mist is bound to come up in interviews even if Morgan Håkansson usually does them all.

Another theory I have is that the Funeral Mist vinyl reissues that was released on Norma Evangelium Diaboli about a year ago sold really well. Maybe it convinced Arioch there's still a demand for Funeral Mist new records. I could be totally wrong about that and he just wanted to have another creative outlet once again.

I really like the front cover artwork on Hekatomb. It's very different from "Devilry" and completely different from Salvation and nothing at all like the weird, twisted and my favorite Funeral Mist cover artwork Maranatha.

Here's the 2 new t-shirts that's also available for pre-order I bought them both and that now makes my Funeral Mist t-shirt collection 9.

My expectations on Hekatomb is set astronomical high considering what Arioch accomplished with Funeral Mist, still I will try not to think about it too much. Or expect that it will be their best album ever. I should just be glad there's a 4th album coming being released.

Don't expect a review/thoughts/opinions on the album immediately from me. I will take my time with this one. First time I heard Maranatha when that one was released I didn't know it would become my favorite Funeral Mist record. That was something I realized with time just like my absolute favorite album of all time De Mysteriis Dom Sathanas (1994) by Mayhem.

Sure both were great from the first time of me hearing them but the albums that grow on you with each listen is always somehow the ones that end up being the absolute best ones.

Update 180613: If you bought it at their Bandcamp Funeral Mist - Hekatomb stream is available down below or on the Bandcamp phone app or visit Funeral Mist - Hekatomb . Actually I was supposed to wait until I had Hekatomb on LP and CD before listening to it. But... My curiosity made me listen to it twice. I'm not going to share any opinion on it before I have it though.




Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar